Monday 4 October 2010

First month

A month have already passed.... how fast and busy. And this is the start of my blog since I came here in Chelsea Collage of Art & Design.

Fine Art
I felt a bit scared and confused in first two weeks of Fine Art project. Everything was new and unclear for me, but after a week through watching what everyone's doing and talking to teachers, I tried to make it clear a little by little. I made an effort with the CRIT at the end of the project and I had fun through it.

My final work. 
I made pattern from the photos of people I took in British Museum
to represent organized caos in random people.


Vis Com
I think I had fun in this area:) Even if I can't say I've done good works in this class, I enjoyed making collages and taking photos for the projects. And I also excited when I saw the works of artists such as Paula Scher, Chris Dent, Miles Donovan, and Dominic Wilcox while I was researching them. In 'Sending message project' which is a project to send an unspoken message that have never said to someone, I could do what I wanted at the last.

I made a lamp shade to tell "Switch Off" to my housemate.
Each cutouts represents letters saying the message. 
I got the idea from morse code which is a way of communication of ships in the sea using flash light. You can see the message while the light is on, but it disappears when you turn it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment